Retention Marketing Manager
We’re growing, and we are looking for a Retention Marketing Manager to lead our subscription management and retention marketing efforts.
We are continued (a division of Allied Health Media). A leader in online education, our company is comprised of passionate individuals dedicated to providing an exceptional online learning experience that enhances the lives and careers of the professionals we serve. We are fast-paced, nimble, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled and we’re looking for another team member to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace and ranked in the top 50 2018 Best Small Business Workplaces by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
We are seeking an innovative, experienced, and data driven Retention Marketing Manager who is always eager to optimize and improve performance. This position will have accountability for retention marketing activities including email marketing, direct mail, retention rates, and site onboarding and optimization. The manager works closely with acquisition, data analytics, ecommerce, and creative teams within marketing to develop and execute retention marketing campaigns. This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and Sales Retention, and its primary charge is growing recurring revenue by strengthening relationships with our customers. This is an excellent role for someone who is excited about and driven by retention strategy, analytics, and execution.
- Develop and implement strategies to decrease voluntary churn, increase annual renewals and grow yearly recurring revenue
- Coordinate marketing, experience and customer service efforts to decrease voluntary member refunds and cancellations, increase renewal rates and hit recurring revenue targets
- Report metrics for refund rate, cancellation rate, renewal rate (or churn rate), involuntary churn rate due to billing, member growth, member lifetime value and yearly recurring revenue including tracking retention for relevant subscriber cohorts
- Drive the marketing strategy for all renewal programs and campaigns including review and updates to current and lapsed customer communications including: emails, direct mail, welcome calls, phone surveys, etc.
- Partner with colleagues to ensure customer strategies, programs and campaigns are in line with business objectives, including marketing, operations, sales and IT divisions.
- Turn plans and results into strategic briefs for manager and executive review
- Manage retention sales marketing budgets and project scope parameters
The Retention Marketing Manager is a newly created role for the organization, created to strengthen our current retention efforts. This role will be very metrics-driven and performance will be measured based on the established benchmarks. Metrics will include, but are not limited to, customer conversion, cancellation rate, renewal rate, involuntary churn rate, and yearly retention revenue targets.
Data and analytical reports will include:
- Auto renewal and manual renewal revenue performance
- Monthly retention program performance reports
- Customer Retention/Attrition Cycles
- Customer Satisfaction and Feedback
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
- 3+ years of retention marketing experience with online, auto-renewal business preferred.
- Demonstrated success with strategy, data analytics, and execution of retention marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and articulately, and persuade key stakeholders on the viability, practicality, and emotional benefit of your recommendations
- Ability to work in a dynamic deadline-driven environment with multiple complex projects running concurrently
- US resident, eligible to work in the US full-time
- Able to work from home during regular business hours
- Travel required for an annual company meeting and occasional travel required for team meetings and conferences throughout the year
We value attention to detail. Applications that fail to follow these simple steps will not be considered. Please provide a cover letter with your resume. In your cover letter please include 1) A short paragraph describing a project or campaign from your retention marketing experience that you are most proud of, and why; 2) your salary requirements.